This is one of the simpler types of scaffolding available. In this type of scaffolding, the horizontal platform is mounted on tripods or inverted v or ladders. It is not a permanent structure as it can be easily relocated on-site without any need to disassemble it fully. In most cases it is used for simple tasks in construction like painting, repairs to a maximum height of 5 meters. This is because it is made for supporting light weight and used in wider areas not accessible by ladders. It is very quick to erect and relatively safer compared to ladders.
Safety requirements to consider when setting up trestle scaffolding;
· The trestle scaffolding should not be higher than 45 meters off the ground
· The decking should not be more than two thirds of the whole scaffolding
· It must have a step ladder on it required to access the staging
· The scaffolding must be free of gaps that may increase the risk the of materials or workers falling to the ground
· It must be erected on a stable and level ground
· The scaffolding should be tidy throughout, avoid pilling up unnecessary construction material on it because they pose as tripping hazards
· All the screws and bolts must be tightly fitted and that there are no splits or broken parts
This is yet another one of the Scaffolding Birmingham construction firms provide readymade. It is usually made of steel whose advantages are many. The scaffolding is connected using a special and integral locking device and not the regular couplers used in the other types of scaffolding like the steel scaffolding. The platform is mounted on adjustable brackets. Although this scaffolding type is simple, care must be taken to ensure that it is safe.
Special skills and training are required to design, erect and dismantle scaffolding safely and proficiently. Scaffolding Birmingham construction firms deal with each construction project with expertise and professionalism.